Kim Casali "Love is..." Inspired Valentines Party Details

I already shared all the party pictures in the previous post but I love to give party details! I love giving details on the vendors I use, how I came up with my ideas, and any DIY items that I made. I feel giving party details helps others and that's what Posh Divas Parties is here for! I love helping others with parties and sharing my party details helps me do just that! Here are the party details for my Kim Casali "Love is..." Inspired Valentines party! 

When deciding on a theme for Valentine's day theme I wanted something sweet and classic. What's more sweet and classic than Kim Casali "Love is..." comic strip about Love! Growing up I was always so excited to get the newspaper just to see her sweet cartoon cuties.  Like many others I too was a collector of the  love comic, so I thought this would be a great party to bring back childhood memories of Love. 

I was always taught Love is Unconditional, it includes everyone and excludes no one and I learned the true meaning of unconditional Love when my niece and nephew were born. Since the day they were born they have the true source of all my inspiration! Whenever I plan a party I get my inspiration from my niece and nephew and my childhood memories! 

Party Printables


Curious Princess did all the amazing printables for this party! This was my second time working with Curious Princess. I absolutely love her work! I knew I wanted the printables to be classic and simple and in the upper left-hand corner of every Kim Casali "Love is..." comic strip she starts with a simple phrase which always begins with "Love is..." I wanted that same phrase throught out the printables and I knew Anabella from Curious Princess was my girl! She's an absoulte pleasure to work!

Backdrop

For the backdrop, I literally changed it like three times! First I made a huge tissue pom heart, then I was going to have a huge party poster of the adorable little couple then to only finally deciding to make a huge red glitter heart with heart garlands around the heart. I found the perfect fabric to match my printables.For the heart garland I used Black and white card stock paper and red glitter paper and I simply used a heart shaped craft punch.

Tutu Table Skirt

I made the tulle tutu table skirt myself. Since I had previously made one before I felt it would be an easy party DIY to tackle!

Love is... Peg Dolls

In the "Love is..." comic it was always a tiny doll like couple. I wanted the peg dolls to represent the couples likeness and Tari from Five Little Monkeys did just that! She did an amazing job on capturing the details of this little couple and it was such a special piece that really stood out! 

For the Desserts, I choose to keep the items simple, but sweet. First, I served a plain white cake with buttercream frosting. To decorate the cake, I simply just added a red glitter heart I made with the craft punch, then in front of the heart I placed the adorable peg dolls. There were also macarons, cupcakes, cookies, and cakepops. 

Love is... Cookies

Ever since my Doc Mcstuffins party I get asked all the time who I use for cookies! Sugary Sweet Cupcakes and Treats is my amazing cookie lady! I was so excited to work with her again to create these adorable cookies! Jen always works with me to create custom designs I have in mind for my parties!

Macarons

 Monica from Indayani Baked Goods did a phenomenal job on these macarons not only did they look amazing they taste as good as they looked!!

Love is... fondant cupcake toppers

Cakecandy created these adorable sweetheart cupcake toppers for the party! She did such a great job and I really loved that she's a local girl! :0)


Cakepops

 I felt like the cakepops were missing something! So I brought some black decorating gel and added little black hearts all over the cakepops! After placing the tiny black hearts on the cakepops I LOVED them!!! 


For the drinks, I served milk. The kids love a glass of milk with their sweets and I also reused my recycled DIY glass milk bottles

My little Sweethearts!

Besides all of the fabulous vendors and the amazing sweets my favorite part was seeing my Princess and Papas really enjoy the party! Not only did they enjoy themselves but they were some professionals and so patient taking all the pictures!


I fell in Love with Suzy's adorable handmade tshirts from Itty Bitty Ones and I just knew I needed one of her handmade shirts for my Valentines party! 


I made Princess tutu and her shirt. I purchased her headband and black and white stripe shirt from Target then I placed a huge glitter red heart onto the shirt. For her tutu, I just black matte tulle and tied it off with black lace and red ribbon. I purchased her Red lace Leg warmers from Posh Peanuts Kids. Princess loved her lace leg warmers they were her absolute favorite. 

So many amazing vendors made this come to life just as I envisioned! I'm so grateful for all these talented ladies!!! 

Comments

Much Love Post