Ka'leb & Ja'Qualyn's Bedrock Bash {Flintstone Party}

Yayyy! It finally happened! Every year my sweet cousin, Linda asks me to plan her boy's birthday party but it never happens, well last year it finally happened! She's from a small town in Louisiana and wanted something different for a party theme. She said she took one look at her boys and thought little caveman and wanted the theme to be The Flintstones. I must admit this was my favorite theme to plan. When my cousin told me she wanted a Flintstones theme party for her boys I was so excited. Her son's Ka'leb and Ja'Qualyn are like little caveman and are very rumbustious  so I thought this theme would fit them perfect. Instead of only focusing on the entire crew my main focus for detail was Fred and Barney, Fred's love/hate affair with Dino and both their loved for bowling. I knew I needed something creative and custom made to make this party pop because lets be honest theirs not much out there for a Flintstones party. I knew a tabledrop would be perfect. Catalina from Linckids created the table drop and she did a phenomenal job! I love all the details on Dino and the boys names in the bright colors were amazing. I wanted to use bright and colorful colors, but still represent Fred and Barney so I went with the colors from their shirts. After I got the color scheme together I want to then get started on the printables. That's were the very sweet and talented Krissy from Woods Design Studio comes in. She was great to work with. I wanted the focus to stay on fred and barney so I had them on the printables. I used Dino elements throughout the candy buffet by having him on the table drop and Dino eggs I made on the candy buffet table. I also wanted to use Fred's favorite catch pharase throughout the party and I did that by naming the donuts on the candy buffet, "Yabba Dabba Donuts" and I also used the catch pharase on the favors. I've been planning parties for over six years now and this have been my favorite theme to plan. I was even more happy to see the look on Ka'leb's face, it was priceless. Happy Birthday Ka'leb and Ja'Qualyn We Love you so much!!!

Invitations
The invitations set the tone of the party. I ordered the invitations from Etsy and added brown cardstock, twine, and bone cut outs. The same bone cut out I used on the invitations I also used on the backdrop, the banners, napkins rolls, treat boxes, and rice krispies treat pops.




To carry out the theme I also used the bone cut outs on photos on the boys and I used the boys initials by there photos.


Centerpieces
For the centerpieces I found red buckets from the Dollar store and spray painted them purple and add black spots just as I did the eggs. 




For the napkin wraps I used brown and orange spoons and forks and wrapped them with blue napkins and twine.




Party Food
The boys love macaroni 'n cheese and fried chicken so I knew I had to add that to the menu. After I created the menu around the boys favorites I of course add some cute food names. That's my favorite part to represent the characters in the food.

Barney Burgers (Chesseburgers)
Bamm Bamm Clubs (Drumsticks)
Dino Dogs (Hot dogs)
Fred Fries (French fries)
Fruity Pebbles (Fruit salad)
Betty's Macaroni 'n chesse
Wilma's Potato Salad
Baby Puss Claws (Bungle chips)









As you can see we had an abundance of food and all the boys favorites.

Drinks
For the drinks I wanted to keep it simple and of course you know I love signature drinks so I created an Orange punch called Fred's Fruit Punch and served mini water bottles.



For the Fred's Fruit Punch I used Hawaiian Punch in Orange Ocean and
 mixed it with Rainbow sherbet and Ginger ale. 





For the backdrop I used brown fabric and found a great DIY tutorial for paper rosettes and so I made a couple of paper rosettes and attached them to the fabric backdrop. I then added the custom Happy Birthday banner that was created by Woods Design Studio and some bones. I added a few Flintstones characters around the table. Another diy project I created was Dino eggs. I used Easter eggs and spray painted them purple and then painted black spots to resemble dino's spots.




For the cake we wanted it to resemble the colors of the party and the invitations so we 
ordered an edible image from Amazon that 
matched the photo from the invitations perfectly!




For the sweets to make the candy buffet affordable I mixed custom sweets with store brought. I made the chocolate dipped pretzels and rice krispies treats the night before. I ordered the Flintstones lollipops and Chocolate rocks and purchase the cupcakes, gumballs, donuts, and tootsie rolls.









Favors
Each box had dinosaur toys, bowling trophies, and the kids got to add all there sweet treats from the candy buffet.



For Activities, we had alot of outdoor activities for the kids to run around and do. We got a Bounce house and held a Bedrock Bowling tournament. I printed out coloring pages of the Flintstones for the kids to paint and we even had water so they could run wild like little caveman and get wet. My favorite part was seeing all the kids running around playing, laughing, and having a good time!

I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone that helped bring this party together and making it Fab!!! Catalina from Linckids, Krissy form Woods Design Studio, and My cousin, Linda for 5 months of emailing, texting, and calling each other back and forward, late night party prepping, and for allowing me to plan Ka'leb and Ja'Qualyn's birthday party.


Party Concept & Styling: Myself
Printables: Woods Design Studio
Tabledrop: Linckids
Flintstones Lollipops: Rottie Princess
Chocolate Rocks: Grandma Rubys
Flintstone Figuers: Toys 'R Us
Plates, cups, napkins, and ballons: Plates and Napkins
Purchases from Amazon: Edible Cake Image
Party Decor: Target (Blue Paper straws)
Party Decor: Oriental Trading (Gable Boxes and Bowling Set)
Party Decor: Party City (Blue paper fans and baby blue wrapping paper, bowling Trophies)
Party Decor: Hobby Lobby (Leaves and Burlap fabric)
Party Decor: Dollar Tree (Buckets, Rocks, and Easter eggs)

Comments

Much Love Post