Party Tip #1: Themes & Inspirations

Today I'm going to share my 1st party tip! Today I'm going to talk about Themes and Inspirations. Whenever I plan a party the first thing I do before anything is I first decided on a Theme. When planning a child's party it's usually easier because they always pick there favorite character or favorite book but when it comes to an Adult party it might be something like their favorite past time, there favorite color, sports team, decade, or even their favorite season. Whatever the Theme may be I always make sure I get my Inspiration from the guest of honor or the honoree. You want to take the time to make the guest feel loved and special and take the time to personalize the party by incorporating the guest of honor!

My niece's Doc Mcstuffins party was inspired by her love for Doc Mcstuffin and all things girly. My niece loves hair bows and headbands and her favorite colors are Pink and Purple. So her favorite colors and Doc Mcstuffins' headband became the focus of my inspiration. 

Step 1: Choose a Theme 

 Doc Mcstuffins

Step 2: Write down the honoree's interest and likes

Doc Mcstuffins Pink and Purple Headband and Purple striped shirt
Her favorite colors Pink and Purple

Step 3: Decide on how do you want to showcase the inspirations. 

You can showcase your theme and inspiration through the Decor, custom items, the invitations, and even the food and drinks.

For my niece's party I ordered her a custom flower headband because she wanted one just like Doc Mcstuffins. I wanted to resembles Doc Mcstuffins headband so I placed flowers around the plastic drink bottles and I placed pink flower cut outs and purple glitter ribbon on the envelopes as well. Also on the cupcake box you can see the resembles of Doc Mcstuffins headband. I also added flowers on her party poster and cookies. Instead of using light purple and dark purple strips I went with light purple and dark purple chevron print and I showcased that on the backdrop, her birthday party poster, and the cookies. I wanted my niece the honoree to feel special so I got my printable artist to make her look like Doc Mcstuffins on her party poster, which she absolutely loved! She said it looked just like her. So mission accomplished I wanted my niece to feel special and see the party was no solely based on Doc Mcstuffin but was based around her. 

Step 4: Start shopping for Decorations 

After you have decided on how your going to showcase your Theme and Inspiration I then begin shopping for party decorations. I always start with my custom items then buy the normal party decor like balloons, tableclothes, and streamers next on my list.


I hope this helps you plan your next party and that you find a Unique and different way to showcase your Theme and Inspiration.

I'm currently working on my baby shower and the theme comes from a scripture my husband and I both love.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrew 6:19

I will be sharing baby shower sneak peaks and DIY projects I'm working on for our baby shower so stay tuned to see more! 

Comments

Much Love Post