{DIY} Help Feed Michelagelo Bean Bag Game

Hey Party Mamas!

Here's a really fun DIY game I'm sure a lot of your kiddos would love to play. It was a huge hit at my boys 3rd birthday party and super easy to make.

Help feed Michelangelo Bean bag Toss! 


Materials I used:

1 Black Foam Poster board from Dollar Tree
Paint: Green, White, Orange, and Tan
Felt paper: Brown, Tan, and Red
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
E6000
1 bag of pinto beans (any kind of beans will do)
Exacto knife

Directions:

1. I first begin with the hard part and for me that's drawing Michelangelo. I can't draw at all so I googled how to draw a Ninja turtle. I used a white colored pencil to draw out Michelangelo.

2. After drawing him I took the exacto knife and cut out his mouth. After his mouth was removed I began painting him.

3. After painting him I used tan paint and just free hand and wrote Michelangelo's famous quote, "Oh man, I could go for some pizza."

4. While Michelangelo was drying, I started working on the pizza bean bags. I cut the brown felt paper into 2 large circles and begin hot gluing the edges together. I didn't completely close the two round circles together. I left 1-1 1/2 inch space opening so that I could later add the beans inside.

5. Next, I took the tan felt paper to create cheese. I didn't know how to make it look like cheese I just made a lopsided circle. Then I took the red felt paper and cut out little pepperonis. I hot glue gunned the cheese and pepperonis on top of the brown felt circles. I was amazed how it looked like a real pizza.

6. After finishing gluing on the cheese and pepperoni I then added the beans to the now pizza bean bags. 

7. After stuffing them with beans I used the hot glue gun to close the bean bag shut. 

8. While the pizza bean bags where drying, I then took a cardboard box and used E6000 glue to glue a small cardboard box to the back of the black foam board, So, when guest toss the pizza bean bags into Michelangelo's mouth they will land in the box and instead of the ground.

*To save time I hot glue gunned all the felt paper together but if you have time and know how to sew you can definitely sew everything instead.




Comments

Much Love Post