Celeste's Monkey Theme Baby Shower

This past Summer I got the opportunity to help with another baby shower. Out of all the parties I plan I think baby showers are my favorites. It's so special to celebrate a new blessing on the way! A family friend of ours was awaiting the soon arrival of a baby boy and we all got together to throw her a baby shower. The Mommy-to-be wanted a little Monkey theme baby shower. We decided to go with the colors Brown, Lime Green, Orange, and Yellow. After we decided on the theme and colors we do what we normally do and divided up task. My Mom was in charge of the Sweets, Auntie Tonia was in charge of the decorations and food, Auntie Dee Dee was in charge of the games and the prizes, and I was in charge of the drinks. Even though we always break down everything into task we still always come together and help each other out. 

We had the shower outside so we had limited to decorate. We used Streamers, Tissue pom-poms, Lanterns, and Balloons in the colors of the shower.


For the punch I made Pineapple-Lemonade and on my drink dispenser I added a cute little Monkey I found at Michael's and some Lime Green ribbon.



I found these cute little wooden letters from Michael's and spray painted them brown. The Mommy-to-be didn't want to reveal her baby boy's name yet so normally I would spell out the baby name to personalize the baby shower but for this shower  I just spelled out the word Baby. But to add alittle personalization I spray painted a picture frame and add a ultrasound picture of the adorable little boy.



It was a very small baby shower so I provided mason jars so the guest could drink out of. I wrapped each mason jar with some sarafi fabric I had in my party stash and some Raffia twine. I found these cute little monkeys at the 99cent store and spray painted them Lime Green and hung then from the Raffia twine. The lime green paper straws I already had in my party stash so I added them to the mason jars.



I wrapped yellow spoons and forks in brown napkins and used the same Raffia twine on the napkin wraps.



The food was absoluetly delicous! The Mommy-to-be wanted Mexican food and since we were having a small baby shower we were able to get the baby shower catered. 




My Mom did such a good job on the sweets! She was nerves about doing the sweets table by herself but she did an great job! She has cupcakes, gumballs, sixlets, Hershey Kisses, Taffy, Milk Duds, Lollipops, and Animal Crackers. 


For the guest to take home there sweets in my Mom found these boxes at Michael's and added animal stickers and It's A Boy ribbon.


We found this really adorable baby shower sash at Party City that we gave to the Mommy-to-be and it has a cute little monkey on it!


Celeste said she really loved the mason jars and even asked if she could keep it as a keepsake from the baby shower.


Me and the Mommy-to-be!

The Mommy-to-be opening her gifts!

Celeste said she really enjoyed her shower and loved all the special touches we put together. I'm so happy she loved her shower and that my family came together once again to pull off another really sweet and loving baby shower and we can't wait to meet her little bundle of joy!

Comments

Much Love Post