Monster University Party on a Budget!

I had no idea I was going to be decorating my nephew's party in  less than 3 hours. I managed to pull it off in less than 3 hours and on a very little budget. I didn't have time to order fabulous cookies or print out any printables on such a short notice, but I still wanted everything to come out amazing. We wanted to stay on budget so most of the items I used where recycled material from past parties. So I spent a total of.... {drum roll please} 

Googly eyes {Dollar Tree} $1.00

Gray and White Twine {Micheal's} $2.00
Tissue paper {Hobby Lobby} $3.00
Streams {Dollar Tree} $3.00
Balloons {Party City} $6.00
Monster University Mike Balloon {Party City} $9.99
Monster University Plates {Walmart} $2.00
Spoons and forks {Walmart} $1.00


Grand Total: $28.00


I wanted to stay under $40.00 and I definitely did! I wouldn't recommend you plan a party in 3 hours but if this ever happens to you or you have to plan a party in less than 2 weeks here are some budget friendly party tips!


Backdrop- My sister found this large Monster University flag at Walmart and we just added streamer. For a very simple backdrop you can hang paper fans or lanterns, order a party poster from Party city or take a 20x30 foam board and cover with wrapping paper.

Tablecloths- You can always find $1.00 table cloths at Dollar Tree or the 99cent store. They have every color to chose from. If I'm decorating for a small child I try to find a character table cloth. We found a Monster University table cloth on sale at Walmart.


D.I.Y- Every party I do I always throw in some d.i.y elements like tissue pom poms or paper fans. For my Monster University party I made a Tissue paper tassel garland and place in front of the table.

Balloons- Balloons are a MUST! Balloons can easily fill up a room and look festive! 

"Fillers"- Fillers are things I use to fill an empty table. I used Monster University Sulley Mask, laid out forks and spoons for the cake, and Monster University plates. 



Food- For the food we did something quick like Chili cheese dogs and chips, but you could also have finger foods like Chicken nuggets, sandwiches, and fruit and veggies.

Drinks- For drinks I love using my recycled kids plastic bottles. There perfect size for little hands and they can also be dressed up. Adding ribbon, flowers, twine, and other cute little details can be used to dress up them as well.


Favors-For smaller parties you want to skip goodies bags and opt for one simple favor. I used Monster University fruit snacks. 


Comments

Much Love Post