Papas 4th Birthday {Jake & The Neverland Pirates Party}

When I started planning Khi khi's party I already knew the perfect theme... his favorite show Jake & The Neverland Pirates. He watches Jake & The Neverland Pirates everyday like crazy, he has to wear his Jake PJ's, and he defiantly makes sure he cuddles with his plush Jake every night. For Halloween of course Khi khi wanted his costume to be Jake so we decided to have him a costume party so he could be able to wear his costume. I wanted to make sure the party was special and intimate and all about Khi khi. For the party I wanted it to be very special and sentimental, so I added pictures of Khi khi and his favorite colors everywhere. The color scheme was Red, Blue, Black, and Gold. Khi khi loves blue and red and black and gold are the normal pirate colors. The main focal point was the Candy Buffet. Khi khi has a HUGE, no not huge, a Gigantic sweet tooth and loves candy so I wanted a really large candy table with all his favorites. The look on Khi khi's face just melted my heart he was smiling ear to ear the whole party and he kept saying all day long how he loved his party. That just made my day :0)

Decorations

{The Balloons}
Balloons in the coordinating colors of the party


{Paper Chains}
I created Gold, Black, Red, and White paper chains and places them across the entire room and above the backdrop.

The Backdrop


I wanted to intimate Jake's red band and I also wanted to use his initials "M" I used pirate swords to create the M. I took a birthday banner and cut it to fit the backdrop. I also added pictures of the characters and gold coins.

The Food
The food was amazing! All the kids and even the adults loved all the "theme-appropriate" names.


{Pirate's Menu}
Pirate Dogs
Grilled Parrot
Cannonballs
Buccaneer Stew
Golden Treasure
Shark fins and The Red Sea
Pirate's Gold Tooth
Crossbones
Pirate's Jewels
Fish 'n Chips
Skully's Crackers
Carrot Swords
Gold Nuggets



"Shark fins & The Red Sea" 
Blue Tortilla Chips and Salas 

"Carrot Swords" Carrot sticks
"Gold Nuggets" Cheese cubes 
"Skully's Crackers" Ritz crackers


"Golden Treasure' Homemade Macaroni 'n Cheese
{Khi khi's favorite food}



"Crossbones" Breadsticks

{I used Phillsbury Original Breadsticks to create the breadsticks}

"Pirate Jewels" Fruit Kabobs


"Pirate Dogs" Hot Dogs


"Grilled Parrot" Mesquite & Buffalo Chicken


"Fish 'n Chips" Potato Chips and Goldfish crackers


"Buccaneer Stew" Jambalaya


"Cannonballs" Meatballs

{I used sword picks for decor and so it would be easy 
for everyone to pick up a meatball.}


"Pirate's Gold Tooth"  Corn on the cob






Buried Treats Candy Buffet



{To create "Sand" I used brown sugar all over the table.}

The cupcakes were my favorite part. I can not frost a cupcake to save my life! They always come out messy and lopsided but I was determined to make these cupcakes so perfect (or almost perfect lol) for Khi khi's birthday.

{I used Sandra Lee's frosting technique to frost the cupcakes. 
I took the frosting and placed it in a zip-lock 
bag and snipped the corner with scissors then frosted!}


"Captin Hook Chocolate Cupcakes"

Chocolate cupcakes with Strawberry Shortcake Icing


"Cubby's Aw, Coconuts Cupcakes"

{Cubby's trademark saying on the show is "Aw, Coconuts"}

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream cheese Icing and topped with Coconut


"Pirate's Graveyard Dirt" Dirt Cups

{I used Chocolate pudding and crushed up some regular and yellow Oreos}



"Pirate Ships" Jell-O cups with Oranges

{To save time I made the jell-o and 
cut the oranges the night before.}


"Chip Ahoy ye Matey" Chip Ahoy Cookies


"Izzy's Pixie Dust" Pixie sticks
"Skeleton Bones" White Chocolate covered pretzels


"Mermaid Kisses" Hershey Kisses
"Rubies and Emeralds" Ring Pops


"Treasure chest" Hershey Nuggets


"Catch of the Day" Swedish Fish candy
"Cannonballs" Whoppers


"Treasure Maps" Fruit Roll ups
"Walk ye Planks" Kit Kats


"Gold Doubloons" Chocolate gold coins
"Pirate's Rope" Red Vines


The Birthday cake!



The Drinks
Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Yum!


"Crocodile's Blood" Raspberry Sherbet Punch
"Sweet Sea Water" Sweet Tea
"Sea Water" Water bottles
"Pirate's Rum" Rootbeer

Skull and Crossbone Ice
{I think the adults got more excited about the 
ice cubes then the kids, it was so cute.}


Sweet sea water 

crocodile's blood punch

Pirate Loot!
Pirate Goody Bag

{The favors contents}
Pirate Booty Chips
Pirate Juice Bottle
Pirate Hat
Jake & The Neverland Pirate Sticks
Jake & The Neverland Pirate Fruit Snacks
Chocolate Gold coins
Pirate Tattoos








Comments

  1. I love the party. Where did you find the black waterbottles with the skulls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely party. I will be throwing my son the same themed party. Where did you find the water bottles with the skulls?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hun! I got them in 2012 at the 99 cent store around Halloween time and I haven't seen any since. Sorry! But I hope you find some similar to them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Much Love Post