{DIY} Fruit cups and Spoons under $5

For Christmas this year we had a Christmas Brunch and I was in charge of making the fruit salad. Of course you know me I couldn't just chopped up fruit and place it in a bowl! 

A couple of weeks before Christmas I went to Walmart with Mom and I was just browsing and came across these small green cups and some red and green polka dot cups. I was even more excited to see they were only .97 cent! At the time when I got the cups I didn't have any plans for them or what I was going to use them for. Also that same days I brought some red pom pom trim ribbon from the Walmart ribbon dollar section. I had mention before how every year Walmart has Holiday ribbon for $1.00. 

A couple days before Christmas Mom, Auntie, and I had a meeting about the Christmas brunch and when I was given the task of making the fruit salad I immediately knew what I was going to do with the cups and ribbon trim: Fruit Cups! 

 Of course I needed spoons to go with my fruit cups and I remembered I had some wooden spoons left over from Princess Doc Mcstuffin party. I got them out of my paper stash and then went to Hobby Lobby for some Christmas paper. I brought two sheets of paper for. 22 cent each.


 Now on to the fun part: Crafting! 

For the green cups, I hot glue gunned the red pom pom trim ribbon around the edges and for the spoons I used Mod podge glue to attach the Christmas paper. For the red and green polka dot cups I just left them plain. 




Things I used: 
Cups- Walmart $0.97 each 
Ribbon trim- Walmart $1.00 
Wooden spoons- from my party stash 
Paper- Hobby Lobby $0.22 each 

 Grand Total: $3.38 

 They looked so cute and were very easy pleasy to make! 
Most importantly they were budget friendly and under $5.00.

Comments

Much Love Post