{DIY} Glass Milk Bottles

For my Thanksgiving table I really wanted to use glass milk bottles. However I wanted something budget friendly and I was not too thrilled when I looked online and saw the price and the shipping cost. Of course you know my goal is to always spend little to nothing when I plan a party so I wanted to have my milk glass bottles without breaking the bank.

Starbucks Frappuccino bottles are the closest things to a glass milk bottles!


The Starbucks bottles cost $5.99 for 4 of them. I brought two of them to make 8 total {I have a small family, so you may need to purchase more for larger parties}. Since I brought them at Walmart one good thing there was no shipping fee :-)

I of course downed the frappuccino then I began to remove all the labels, the gooey stuff, and the use by date. 


How to Remove the Labels and Use by Date:

1. Drink the yummy Frappuccino :-)
2. Soak the bottles in hot, soapy water for 30 minutes
3. Peel off the label in the front and in the back. 
4. Then use a scrubber brush and scrub off any remaining goo that was left behind from the labels.
5. The last step is to remove the Use by Date printed on the bottle. I took a cotton ball and dipped it in rubbing alcohol and use a little elbow grease.
6. Then set them aside to dry.
7. After they completely dry, you can then "dress up" your new glass milk bottles.


I now have 8 glass milk bottles in my party stash for future parties and you can too!

Comments

Much Love Post