Mardi Gras Birthday Celebration Part 2 {Sweets & Hurricanes}

For sweets we had tradition Mardi Gras Desserts, Beignets and King Cake! 

Instead of having the hassle of dealing with yeast I made King Cake cupcakes using Cinnamon rolls and inside of one of them I placed a plastic baby. I found gold cupcake liners at Hobby Lobby. For the Beignets I cheated and used Grands Biscuits. They taste like the real deal and were a huge hit! I'm so glad I made tons because they went like hot cakes! 

King Cake Cupcakes


I made the cupcake stand using random boxes from my house and wrapping paper from Kohl's and Dollar Tree. I used Ribbon from Walmart and Harlequin paper from Hobby Lobby. I placed a crown next to the King cake cupcakes to crown whoever found the baby in their cupcake.



Bayou Beignets


I got this really cute free Mardi Gras Subway Art printable from The Daily Dye.




For drinks we of course had traditional Mardi Gras Hurricanes. We don't drink alcohol so I made Virgin Hurricanes punch, which tasted Ah-mazing! I'll be sharing the recipe very soon! :-)

,
Hurrincanes



The Sweet table really set the stage for the Mardi Gras colors and theme. 
Here's one last shot of the Sweets & Hurricanes table.


Comments

Much Love Post