NFL Christmas Party Part 2 + Recipes {Food, Dessert, and Drinks}

When I had to sit down and come up with a menu for our NFL Christmas party I didn't know where to begin. I first thought Chili in Mason jars with Cornbread, then I thought about Pizza and Hot Wings. It's safe to say I was pretty much all over the place. So I started googling tailgate and football party foods and I notice at of them had Dips. So that's where I started was with a dip. I had been craving my Auntie Dee Dee's 7 Layer Mexican Dip she always makes so I decided I would make a 7 Layer Dip. I wanted to have food where we could just grab and go, not really small or bite size appertizers but a good size. A couple of weeks ago I shared a recipe for Pizza Rolls on my family blog here and I thought we can have pizza rolls. As we do with every party, Me, my Mom, and Aunt slip up the menu. I come up with the menu and we all 3 divide it up. I made the 7 layer dip, cheeseburger balls, pizza rolls, and red velvet brownies. My Aunt made Deviled eggs, 2 different kinds of wings, and Strawberry Lemonade. My Uncle James even cooked some Lemon glazed wings which were sooo deliocous. My Mom found a yummy Meatball recipe from Pinterest and a wing recipe from Pinterest.


Game Day Grub

Left tackle 7 Layer Dip
Defense Deviled Eggs
No Huddle Hot Wings
Madden Meatballs
Let Smoke 'em lil Smokies
Blindside Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
Punt Pizza Rolls

Referee Red Velvet Brownies

Linebacker Lemonade
Who Are You Rooting for? Rootbeer Floats



MEATBALL & WINGS RECIPE
For the Meatballs my Mom used 1 jar of chili sauce and 1 jar of Grape Jelly and for her Apricot Wings she used 1 cup of Apricot preserves and 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. My Mom wings and meatballs were divine!

BACON CHEESEBURGER BALLS
How I made the bacon cheeseburger balls were I used Grands biscuits and pressed them down flat I added a cube of cheddar cheese, some bacon bits, and a scoop of ground meat and then fold up the biscuit into a ball and place in the oven. For dipping sauce, I just use Ketchup and Mustard. 


PIZZA ROLLS
For the pizza rolls, I used crescent rolls, mozzarella string cheese, Italian sausage, and pepperonis. For dipping sauce I used Pizza sauce. 


7 LAYER DIP
My secret to my famous dip is I always make my own homemade guacamole and salsa. I made my own guacamole for this dip but I did not make my own salsa this time I just use Pace. Another thing you can do is add Taco seasoning to your sour cream. ;-)
Here's how to layer the dip:
1st layer- Refried Beans
2nd layer- Sour Cream
3rd layer- Guacamole
4th layer- Salsa
5th- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6th layer- Black Olives
7th layer- Green onions


Who Are you Rooting for? Rootbeer Floats

And last but not least for Dessert we had Red Velvet Brownies and Rootbeer Floats. I absolutely love Rootbeer floats! I think I have them at almost every party I throw!

Comments

Much Love Post