Party Tip #3: Sketching

Okay I'm not the best drawer in the world but this next party tips helps me out so much with my party planning and I thought I should share it. 

Party Tip #3: Sketching

Whether you know how to draw or not, Sketching is a very important step in your party planning process. Whenever I have an idea I have to hurry up and get it on paper before I forget or if I have a vision of how I want something to look I have to draw it out so that when I communicate with a vendor or who I plan a party with they see the vision I'm seeing or the vision of what I'm trying to convay. Sketching out everything from the food table, to the dessert table, to how I want to set up my entire party has helped me out so much. 

For my Love is... Valentine's Day party I wanted my Fondant Cupcake Toppers to be a certain way. I wanted to stick with my Black, White, and Red color scheme and the main focus to be on the couple. I sketched out how I wanted my cupcake toppers and emailed it to my vendor. She was absolutely phenomenal because she did such an amazing job! I wanted black and white stripes with a red glitter heart, the little couple, and the Love is... phrase. When the cupcake toppers arrived to my house they were absolutely beautiful! The little couple were so detailed and I just loved everything about them. 
 

For the Flintstone's Birthday party I sketched out the candy table because I was planning the party with my cousin and she's located in Louisiana and I'm here in California so I drew out everything so she can get a visual of what we had been talking about and planning for months.
This helped us out so much by me sketching everything out because I would sketch something and then email it to my cousin and she would then tell me her feed back. We emailed each other back and forth for months until the big day happened. I traveled to Louisiana and helped her set up everything. 



My baby shower was a Nautical theme so I knew I wanted the main focus to be on Anchors, Whales, and Ocean waves. I wanted these items on my cookies and cake. I sketched out how I wanted my cookies and then sent it to my favorite cookie lady and I even also sketched out my cake. My cookie lady is amazing and always gets my vision. 

I'm not at all a drawer but this is something that helps me out so much and I hope it helps you!

Another thing sketching helps me with is planning out my shopping list. After I sketch out a picture I then get a visual of what I need to buy and get in order to make that vision happen, it helps me to write out my shopping list. So, I recommend buying a little notebook for your sketches and list and keep it on hand throughout your party planning process. 

Comments

Much Love Post